Write a post in response to the third question: What do you think Juliet should do considering her circumstances as a woman with a secret, banished husband and an oppressive father who demands she marry someone else? Please post you initial response by Sunday morning. This will allow for your classmates to post their two comments by Monday's class.
Find a current news article that you think can be connected to Night.
1. Link the article in your blog post.
2. Summarize the article briefly so readers know the main points.
3. Explain the connection to Night.
*Your connections should look beyond content (an article about a Holocaust survivor is similar to Elie because he survived the Holocaust too). Strong connections are based on similar themes that present a point of view that is thought provoking, not obvious.
Please respond to one of the unit essential questions using what we have studied in class.
1. How do technological advances impact the social, economic and political structure of a country/region/world?
2. What is necessary to force change in an established system?
3. How does one’s environment affect him/her?
4. How do authors use the elements of fiction to achieve a purpose?
All Quiet on the Western Front Blog
Students will compose a blog entries while reading All Quiet on the Western Front journal in which they reflect and respond to the text.
Students must post a minimum of 3 insightful & reflective comments on their peers’ blogs.
Blog Entry Requirements: Each entry must reference the text. Students may cite a specific chapter, page, or passage from the text, or respond to a large section of reading, using quotes to bring the text into the blog. The response should demonstrate critical thought and do one or more of the following:
The Danger of the Single Story
Watch the Ted Talk video where Chimamanda Adiche describes the danger of a single story. In your blog entry, connect the ideas she presents in the video to Things fall Apart and/or imperialism in the regions we are studying in class.
Choose a work of literature that relates to history and
September Blog Assignment
You will be able to analyze and contextualize a current event as it relates to themes studied in this course in a bog.
All Blog Requirements:
1. Summary- You will summarize the main points of a current event as reported by a news source. You must include the name of the source and title of the article/segment.
2. Connection- You must make a relevant and thoughtful connection between the current event and content studied in Humanities.
3. Personal Reflection- You will write your reaction to the current event including questions or predictions. Your reflection needs to go beyond a simple “I thought this was bad/good/scary” Explain your reaction.
4. Comment- You must comment on TWO of your peers’ blog posts with insights, connections, questions etc.